Friday, December 15, 2017

TRAINING EXERCISE - HUMILITY


Related image

Stop Defending Yourself?
The Lord showed me a good way to develop humility.
He told me to stop defending myself when wrongly, or rightly accused, and when I was offended by someone, (especially by someone who is close to me)
This is our opportunity to increase our strenght by becoming weak and gentle. We get elevated by getting lowly.
I found myself eventually no longer feeling hurt or being overwhelmed by the compulsion to counterattack.
It didn't happen overnight,  but it did happen.
By practicing this, we choke out the flesh and its pathetic ego, rendering them powerless.
1 Peter 4:12-13 NIV
Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.
Not for the faint of heart I know, but if you dare to assault your flesh in this manner, you will never be the same.
That's a promise!
In myself nothing, in Christ everything!
Grace & Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment